The Science Behind Centrum
With so much information in today’s world about nutrition and wellness, it’s hard to know who to listen to and what to trust. But when we quiet the noise and connect with our bodies, we make the best decisions for our wellness.1
Centrum, a trusted multivitamin brand backed by over 40 years of nutritional science, is here to help you find the answers.
Centrum is the most studied multivitamin brand in the world, with over 100,000 patient-years of exposure in clinical studies. For verification please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
World’s No.1 Multivitamin Brand
We’re committed to helping each person feel their best. Our dedication to health and wellness helps make us the world’s no.1 multivitamin brand.
Rooted in Research
The science of Centrum started in the 1950’s when a young scientist at Lederle Labs, Dr. Leon Ellenbogen, was studying the use of therapeutic levels of vitamins. He became increasingly interested in vitamins themselves and focused his research on their benefits to human health.
The Early Days
Drawing on discoveries made in his research, the idea for Centrum emerged. In the early 1970s, Dr. Ellenbogen and Lederle decided to create a full-spectrum vitamin plus mineral supplement to support nutrition and complement a healthy lifestyle. Backed by science, the first Centrum multivitamin hit the market in 1978.
An Innovative Evolution
Today, Centrum offers a full line of nutritional products backed by scientific research. With strict formulation standards, our products come from sources you can trust. Each ingredient goes through more than 150 quality checks before ending up in a bottle, to ensure you get the quality vitamins and supplements you deserve.
Centrum has been used by leading scientists in experiments across the world. From supporting the health of physicians in Antarctica, to providing nutrition for NASA astronauts in space—and even supplementing the diets of panda bear cubs in China, Centrum is a trusted resource in nutritional science across the board. Where will Centrum go next?
Studies with Centrum
Physician’s Health Study II
The Physician’s Health Study II is the largest multivitamin study ever. In the study, more than 14,000 doctors took Centrum every day for 11 years. Centrum was the only multivitamin used.
NASA Space Stability Test
In 2011, NASA wanted to check whether multivitamins maintained their stability in space and could be offered to astronauts. Two multivitamin brands were included in the study. Centrum was the only one to pass the test.
Multivitamins are intended to supplement your diet and should not be regarded as a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Contains vitamin D which contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Contains Iron which contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Contains Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D which contributes to normal muscle function
- Contains Vitamin B6 to help regulate hormonal activity
- Contains Calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin K to help maintain normal strong bones
- Contains Vitamin D essential for normal growth and development of bones in children
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium and Zinc all contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Contains vitamin B6 and B12 to help release energy from food and contribute to overall health
- Contains vitamin D, C and zinc which contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Biotin and zinc contribute to the normal metabolism of fats, protein and carbohydrates
- Biotin and zinc help to maintain normal hair and skin. Selenium helps to support normal nails.
- Pantothenic Acid contributes to normal mental performance.
- Vitamin A and riboflavin help support normal vision
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) to support normal heart function
- Vitamin B12 which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Iron contributes to normal cognitive function.
The profiling is only for the recommendation of suitable products. No data is stored.
†Based on worldwide value sales of the Centrum range. For verification please contact email@example.com